Poetics of Counterpoint
Echo Echo Ensemble artist, Ayesha Mailey and composer, Colin Norrby received funding from the ACNI Creative Recovery Programme to research and develop a new performance work. Ayesha and Colin explored the sound and movement of the breath as a starting point. They played with repetition, accumulation and layering to create texture and meaning. Exploring patterns in the movement and music and discovering what emerged poetically to create this solo dance piece with lighting design by Barry Davis.
While Covid-19 restrictions have been relaxed we continue to recommend a range of safety measures at Echo Echo Studios and we ask you to follow them closely.
- Please wash hands often and use hand sanitizer stations
- Please feel free to wear a mask on the premises if you wish
- Stay home if you have any Covid-19 symptoms - a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; loss of taste or smell.
- Pay in advance online if possible
- Please support us to maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Please be patient with our staff, artists and volunteers
- Echo Echo will not be asking for Covid vaccine certificates in accordance with NI Executive guidance, January 2022
Echo Echo Studios has been awarded a Covid-19 Reassurance Blue Badge by Derry City and Strabane District Council.
If you have any specific concerns or observations please don't hesitate to speak with us first.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!