Winter 2017 Performances - ALL SHOWS FULLY BOOKED
ECHO ECHO STUDIOS, MAGAZINE STREET, DERRY-LONDONDERRY
Free entry | Advance booking essential
Apologies - no wheelchair access due to technical defect with platform lift.
We are working as fast as possible to resolve this!
***Fully accessible performances of Lost in Frost in Alley Theatre, Strabane on 9th and 10th December.***
About Lost in Frost
Lost in Frost is a new dance theatre show for children of all ages, especially ages 4-11 years. The show features an original text written and narrated by Kelly Quigley – taking inspiration from Dr Seuss and Tove Jansson books; video projection mapping and stage design created by Barry Davis; and movement and dance choreographed by the Echo Echo Ensemble under the direction of Tonya Sheina.
The Narrator is on a quest for snow but who will help! The audience? The mischievous fairy, Cornelia? Or perhaps some very brave and bold magic pixies will join the mission to find some?
Lost in Frost is a thrilling winter-themed adventure and will delight and enchant younger audiences with a mix of dance, movement, music, visuals and storytelling.
We begin at the beginning
Where the beginning begins
There is a place that is so damp
The people grow fins
It’s so mouldy and fungal and littered with dew
I would never live there would you?
– The Narrator (opening lines)
Lost in Frost Credits
Echo Echo Staff and freelance Echo Echo Ensemble Artists:
- Tonya Sheina – Director
- Kelly Quigley, Zoe Ramsey, Tonya Sheina, Ayesha Mailey – Echo Echo Ensemble Artists
- Luke Blakeley – Guest Performer
- Carlos Herrera - Guest Performer
- Barry Davis – Technical Manager
- Ailbe Beirne – Company Manager
- Anna Nolan – Development Officer
- Living Witness Productions – Video and Photography
Watch short clip on YouTube
Lost in Frost is available for touring in 2019 and 2020. Touring pack available on request.
- 3rd December - Derry (2 schools performances)
- 6th December - Roscommon Arts Centre (2 schools performances)
- 11th December - An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny (2 schools and 1 public performances)
- 18th December - Ardhowen Theatre, Enniskillen (1 public performance)
- 21st / 22nd December - Riverbank Arts Centre, Newbridge (2 schools and 1 public performances)
- 16th-17th December - Mayor's Christmas Event 2017 at Echo Echo Studios, Derry (4 performances)
- 9th-10th December - Mayor's Christmas Event 2017 at Alley Theatre, Strabane (3 performances)
- 12th-18th December 2016 at Echo Echo Studios, Derry (9 performances)
- 28th January-1st February 2016 at Echo Echo Studios, Derry (6 schools performances)
- 14th–20th December 2015 at Echo Echo Studios, Derry (8 public performances)
Audience Feedback for Lost in Frost
This show was so good this evening! I took my granddaughter. It's as enjoyable for us 'grown-up children' as it is for the kids!!! : ) I'd go again if I had time - the 'illuminations' are beautiful. it's delightful to watch, enchanting, funny, full of little surprises with a very talented cast! Thanks to you Echo Echo, I've secured 'The Best Nana' title once again : )
Had the loveliest & most magical wee evening at Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company's Christmas production Lost In Frost - A Family Show. The little 5 year old & 7 year old fairy princesses who accompanied my friend & myself (who are just that tiny bit older) loved it! Just perfect to get into the spirit of the season. Most impressed with the gorgeous visuals & lighting, the sense of awe & imagination, and the beautiful dancing by the two 'rag dolls' aka Zoe Ramsey & Janie Doherty. Urge all those who believe in magic & make-believe, be you child or not, to catch this while you can.
Magical, enthralling (our 20 month old granddaughter was transfixed throughout!) so professional and gentle. I’m looking forward to more children’s performances.
The performance made me feel like I was in another universe.
Lost in Frost artwork by Tonya Sheina and Barry Davis.
Images by Living Witness Productions.