Echo Echo Studios on the City Walls in Magazine Street will host a series of public classes and workshops during the Festival. These classes are open to all but will be enjoyable and challenging for people with experience of dancing and moving. If you have a specific question please get in touch. All are welcome and do stay for a cup of tea and a chat afterwards!
- Sat 11th Nov 11am – 1pm| Sean-nós dance class with leading Irish choreographer, dancer and teacher, Sibéal Davitt
- Mon 13th Nov 4.30pm- 6.30pm | Alexandra Soshnikova and Sergei Golovnea - Exploring the idea of the ‘Gravity Free Point’
- Tue 14th Nov 2pm-4pm | Alexander Bondarev and Yulia Tokareva, Mini-A-Tour - Where do movements start in your body? How do you float one element into another one?
- Tue 14th Nov 4.30pm- 6.30pm | Youth Dance Workshop (13-18 years) with Alexandra Soshnikova and Sergei Golovnea – Improvisation and choreography.
- Wed 15th Nov 10am-12noon | Zoe Ramsey and Tonya Sheina, Echo Echo Ensemble – Gentle Contact Improvisation.
- Thur 16th Nov and Fri 17th Nov 10am-12noon | Benno Voorham - ‘In The Moment’ workshop focusing on the instant compositional side of improvisation and developing skills and viewpoints that help us to navigate and make choices in improvisational scores. Attendance at both workshops advised.
- Sat 18th Nov 10am-12noon | Junebug – Floorwork, guided improvisation and repertoire from WICCA “Lets make some magic”
Places are limited so please book in advance to secure your place!
Entry to all workshops is £4 per person.
Classes are open to anyone 16+ years (except Youth Dance workshop).
Workshops take place in Echo Echo Studios, Magazine Street, Derry-Londonderry.