Introduction to Body Wisdom
Body Wisdom is Echo Echo's successful and long lasting project for people over 50. Members meet weekly, during the day, and also create and join in with special intensive workshop and performance projects. Current membership ranges from people in their fifties to people in their eighties. We are offering this short course for people who might be interested in joining the group, for those who are busy during the day and for those who would just like to enjoy a bit of time moving with other people. All levels of experience welcome
Within the course we will:
- Move and watch each other move in a supportive and pleasurable ways.
- Engage in introductory circle work to focus attention and to get comfortable with each other.
- Start from walking and find our ways into a wider range of movement, including moving up and down in the space.
- Do some guided processes in pairs and as a group.
- Explore and improvise rather than copy and remember
Everything will be at each persons own pace.
Of course moving is healthy, physically and psychologically but we aren't striving for those benefits. In our experience they come best as a by-product of exploring movement as a shared, poetic process. The approach we take is that older people have enormous poetic potential embedded intheir movement lives. We take away the expectations that are usually attached to dance as an art - extreme mobility, athleticism, agility - and we begin from where people are.
Any men and women 50 years and upwards can join us, no matter the level of physical ability or experience.
If you want more information or would like to ask about any concerns you have about joining in please don't hesitate to call Steve Batts on 07946586941 or email him at email@example.com
- Please register for the course in advance.
- Please fill in registration form at 'Register' button above, or at booking link and please make PayPal payment with payment button below.
- Course price is £60 for 10 weeks payable in advance. Please pay online below. A Paypal account is not required - the system accepts most major payment cards.
- If you have any issues with advance payment please contact us on 028 713 08883 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
- Please inform us if you have booked but can't attend.
- Please inform us if your registered contact details have changed.
When & Where
Weekly on Tuesdays from 26th April to 28th June 7pm - 9pm at Echo Echo Studios, Magazine Street, Derry
While Covid-19 restrictions have been relaxed we continue to recommend a range of safety measures at Echo Echo Studios and we ask you to follow them closely.
- Please wash hands often and use hand sanitizer stations
- Please feel free to wear a mask on the premises if you wish
- Stay home if you have any Covid-19 symptoms - a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; loss of taste or smell.
- Pay in advance online if possible
- Please support us to maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Please be patient with our staff, artists and volunteers
- Echo Echo will not be asking for Covid vaccine certificates in accordance with NI Executive guidance, January 2022
Echo Echo Studios has been awarded a Covid-19 Reassurance Blue Badge by Derry City and Strabane District Council.
If you have any specific concerns or observations please don't hesitate to speak with us first.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!