Image: Steve Batts by Luca Truffarelli
Almost Blue directed by Oona Doherty, one of Europe’s most gifted dance artists, is a goodbye dance, a farewell. An attempt to move what has come before and expand through chaos back to the gentle hum that came before the beginning. It is a waltz of the inner solar system.
A new work for Irish Modern Dance Theatre, co-commissioned by Cork Midsummer Festival, Almost Blue, was created for dancer Steve Batts of Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company and is accompanied by a live trumpeter, John Walsh.
Supported by the Arts Council, Dublin City Council, Dance Ireland and Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company.
- 22nd June - Elizabeth Fort, Cork at Cork Midsummer Festival (2 performances)
- 23rd June - Bandstand, Cobh at Cork Midsummer Festival (2 performances)
- 2nd & 3rd July - Project Arts Centre, Dublin at Dancer from the Dance Festival of Irish Choreography
- 11th November - Echo Echo Studios, Derry at Echo Echo Festival of Dance and Movement
- July - online screening at at Dancer from the Dance Festival of Irish Choreography
About Irish Modern Dance Theatre