GHOSTS by Gemma Walker-Farren and Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company
Sometimes the scariest stories are the ones we tell ourselves.
GHOSTS is about our relationship with fear and how it is an ‘ancient and otherworldly’ feeling. It is about the ghosts we carry with us and how we can sometimes be ghosts in our own lives.
Childhood fears to adult anxieties are woven together with Greek myths and ghostly tales. Incredible projections and soundscapes carry the audience seamlessly from claustrophobic bedrooms to the vast halls of Hades with horror and heartbreak in between.
- Written and performed by Gemma Walker-Farren.
- Directed by Tonya Sheina.
- Sound, video and lighting design by Barry Davis.
Kindly supported in 2022 by Arts Council of Northern Ireland Creative Individual's Resilience Fund; and previously supported by the ACNI Support for Individual Artists Programme.
REVIEWS for previous performances of GHOSTS
“skillful and interesting, well acted and a brave piece of work.”
“…fantastic concept for a show and so beautifully well-crafted and well acted.”
“Dark and funny and creepy. I was completely hooked from the start.”
“Perfect blend of funny and harrowing….so inspiring to see such a professional level of work.”
£10 / Please book in advance at https://www.wegottickets.com/echoechodancetheatre
While Covid-19 restrictions have been relaxed we continue to recommend a range of safety measures at Echo Echo Studios and we ask you to follow them closely.
- Please wash hands often and use hand sanitizer stations
- Please feel free to wear a mask on the premises if you wish
- Stay home if you have any Covid-19 symptoms - a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; loss of taste or smell.
- Pay in advance online if possible
- Please support us to maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Please be patient with our staff, artists and volunteers
- Echo Echo will not be asking for Covid vaccine certificates in accordance with NI Executive guidance, January 2022
Echo Echo Studios has been awarded a Covid-19 Reassurance Blue Badge by Derry City and Strabane District Council.
If you have any specific concerns or observations please don't hesitate to speak with us first.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!