Image by Patrick Duddy
Echo Echo Kids Classes
In Echo Echo we believe that kids are naturally poetic in movement and haven’t forgotten the simple pleasure of dancing. We craft a rich, vibrant, non-competitive environment to stimulate creativity and imagination in movement. Classes will explore various movement themes in solos, duets and group improvisations. Set material emerges from these improvisations, allowing us to co-create and perform together.
Join the highly experienced dance artists of Echo Echo Ensemble for this 8-week course leading to a sharing performance for family members!
- Price is £50 for 8 weeks payable either in 1 or 2 payments. There is a £10 reduction for siblings. If you have a third child to attend please email for further discount.
- Please fill in registration form at 'Register' button above - you will be sent a link to pay via PayPal to pay within 48 hrs to secure place.
- A Paypal account is not required - the system accepts most major payment cards.
- If you have any issues with advance payment please contact us on 028 713 08883 or info[at]echoechodance.com to discuss further.
- Please inform us if you have booked but can't attend.
- Younger age limit is 4 years and already attending primary school.
When & Where
Weekly on Saturdays from 4th February to 1st April with a one-week break on Saturday 18th March.
All classes will be at Echo Echo Studios, Magazine Street, Derry which are fully accessible.
- Age 4-7 years | 11am - 12noon
- Age 8-11 years | 11am - 12.30pm
Covid-19 restrictions have been officially relaxed for several months however we all know it's still around - so please take good care, feel free to wear a face covering while in the centre and if you're not feeling well then best for kids to stay at home. Don't hesitate to contact us if needed.
Get in touch if you need any further information via socials, email or phone.
About Echo Echo Kids Classes
Echo Echo's classes for children are open to boys and girls and include warm-ups, movement games, structured play, following set choreography, and improvising and creating their own dance sequences. There is a focus on building self-confidence and body awareness as well as nurturing their imaginations and creativity, and classes are totally non-competitive.
Echo Echo Kids Classes are fun and creative, and a great way to develop social skills and make new friends. Children will get the chance to perform in Echo Echo's studio theatre to show family and friends what they have learned and created. Past Kids Class participants have taken part in full Echo Echo productions like The Chess Piece, Without and Walk By.
Where and When
Echo Echo Kids Classes takes place at Echo Echo Studios, Magazine Street.
The class is usually on Saturday mornings during school term times. Parents are welcome to wait in our reception room during Kids Classes, or drop kids off and return later to collect.
Check our What's On section for latest dates and times!
Parents feedback from previous classes
My child has grown in confidence in larger groups since coming to Echo Echo dance and movement classes.
She enjoyed every aspect of the classes; she also enjoyed making new friends.
(The classes) helped with his shyness.
Very impressed by the organisation and the teacher to student ratio is excellent.
Wonderful to see such freedom in movement and so much creativity and enjoyment! Keep up this important work!
The dance movements were all wonderful and the circle dance was one of her favourites.