Since relocation to new independent premises in 2013, Echo Echo has developed an artist-in-residence programme inviting local and international artists to come and use the new spaces, research and develop new work, and produce performances. Residencies have ranged from one week to three months or more. Artists involved have engaged with locally based artists and audiences, and a range of Echo Echo projects at the Studios and in the community.
- Nov 2018 - Olek Wójcik and Laura Vlad (Bucharest), researching and developing new circus/physical/movement theatre work
- Nov 2018 - Julie Chapple and Maxine Chadburn (Future Leisure / Vancouver), producing new work No More Fantasies - excerpt shown at Echo Echo Festival Short Works. Residency in association with The Playhouse
- Nov 2018 - Simonetta Alessandri and company (Italy/UK), producing new work The Shakes - premiered at Echo Echo Festival of Dance and Movement 2018
- July-August 2018 - Olek Wójcik, researching and developing new circus/physical/movement theatre work
- June 2018 - Eileen McClory, Off The Rails Dance, Afraid of Within new work residency
- February-June 2018 - Gemma Walker & Tonya Sheina, researching and developing new work Ghosts [BLOG]
- January-March 2018 - Brona Jackson, developing new solo work for younger audiences
- January/February 2018 - My Johansson, producing new work Now At Once including two public performances
- June/July 2017 - Brona Jackson, researching and developing new work for younger audiences
- June 2017 - My Johansson, Now at once new work research and development residency [BLOG]
- May/June 2017 - Sarah Herr and Meret Rufener, researching and developing new work for younger audiences
- April/May 2017 - Gemma Walker, research project residency supported by ACNI Individual Artist Award [BLOG]
- April 2017 - Sabrina Gargano and Verena Schneider, Infinite You Project new work research and development residency [BLOG]
- March/April 2017 - Paul Moore (AnNua Productions) and Karen Torley (Banyan Theatre), Why Am I new work production
- October 2016 - Kelly Quigley and Echo Echo Ensemble, Fractals new work production residency
- December 2015-May 2016 – Lihi Shivak and James King research and development residency
- January 2016 – Jusztina Hermann and Robert Peoples, Etudes for Hoop and Violin new work residency [BLOG]
- December 2015 – Tonya Sheina and Echo Echo Ensemble, Lost in Frost new work production residency
- October 2015 – Oona Doherty and Echo Echo Ensemble, Echo Hunt and Docnite residency
- September 2015 – Nick Bryson, Robin Dingemans, Michael Turinsky, Marlieke Burghouts, The Point At Which It Last Made Sense production residency ahead of premiere at Sadler’s Wells
- June 2015 – Oona Doherty and company, Echo Hunt and Docnite research and development
- April 2015 – Maria Svensson, The Importance of Shepherds residency
- February 2015 – Bridget Madden, Ionsu new work research project supported by Dance Resource Base Evolve Project
- December 2014 – Leonardo Lambruschini and Gianni Bruschi, Spazio Seme artists Erasmus+ project
- October 2014 - Ayesha Mailey and Echo Echo Ensemble, Ludo Lusi Lusum new work production residency
- August 2014 – Anne Dietrich and Jana Schmuck
Other artists supported by Echo Echo Studios with shorter residencies or individual artist rates include Abbie Madden, James King, Sorcha Shanahan, Jenny MacDonald, Olek Wojcik, Velvet Alibi, Strength, Ports, Mel Bradley, Bernadette Sheils, Gemma Gfeller, John Butler, In Your Space Circus ensemble, Lewys Holt, Simone McLaughlin, Kathleen Doherty.
Echo Echo welcomes residency proposals from artists. Please contact us by email.
We receive a high number of proposals and resources are limited therefore priority may be given to artists who have expressed an interest through the Echo Echo Festival Open Call Programme.
This space is a treasure. You can feel the resonance of all your good will in the walls of this building. How special that is. How glad I am to know that this exists. That warms my heart. I am so grateful for your generosity and openness. I can honestly say that I would not have been able to create the same kind of work anywhere else. You inspire me! Maria Svensson, 2015
We (AnNua and Banyan Theatres) had a great time in the Echo Echo Studio space working together toward the staging of the play Why Am I. The space is very adaptable in terms of performance and audience seating configuration, and also well equipped as regards audio, projectors and lights. Echo Echo members were really friendly and helpful, Anna and Ailbe assisted with publicity and admin. Great assistance also from technician and lighting designer Barry Davis. Great venue for experimentation, a creative atmosphere, good value, good tech, enjoy! Paul Moore and Karen Torley, 2017
With thanks to visiting artists and companies for use of images.
My Johansson | Sarah Herr and Meret Rufener | AnNua & Banyan | Jusztina Hermann | Oona Doherty | Bridget Madden | Maria Svensson | Echo Hunt | Lihi Shivak and James King | Simonetta Alessandri