Outreach Work with Schools and Communities
Echo Echo Educational Remit
Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company strives to offer an extensive and inclusive education programme for all ages and abilities. The classes offered are in keeping with Echo Echo's mission statement and values. Rather than focusing itself only on the traditions of art dance, the company sources its material in a wide range of areas, for example, martial arts, clowning, physical theatre, folk and vernacular dance forms, therapeutic movement practices, and other movement based performance forms.
Here are just some of the organisations that Echo Echo has worked with:
- Worker's Educational Association - Making Moves project for young people in 2007 and 2008; and Body Wisdom for over 50s from 2009-13 (ongoing).
- Derry Well Woman - Gentle movement for women aged 55+
- Derry City Council - providing workshops and courses in youth clubs and community centres across the city. For example, Drumahoe, Caw-Nelson Drive and Pilots Row.
- Oakgrove Primary School - 10 weeks of afterschool classes for children with language and communication difficulties.
- Downs Syndrome Association - working with the Foyle, Omagh and Magherafelt groups.
- Cedar Foundation - working in partnership with The Cedar Foundation and Pilots Row Centre to offer dance and movement to both disabled and able-bodied children.
- Stage Beyond - offering workshops and choreographing shows with this Derry-based theatre group.
- Strathfoyle - Dance workshops for children and young people at the youth centre as well as a 6 week parent and toddler class with the Strathfoyle Women's Activity Group.
- St. Mary's Primary, Cloughcor - Ongoing dance classes afterschool, choreography for performances and teacher training.
- Plus many, many more throughout the North West, Donegal and beyond.
If your organisation or school is interested in working with Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company to offer dance and movement workshops for all ages, abilities and backgrounds, please contact us on +44(0)28 7130 8883 or email email@example.com. We would be happy to meet with you to discuss the creative possibilities and also make sure that our work is as financially accessible as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!