Child/Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy Statement
Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company is committed to its duty to care, in an inclusive and accessible professional dance practice, that promotes the welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
The company is committed to providing a supportive and safe environment in which Children, Vulnerable Adults and young people can practise dance and movement to their full potential.
The company is committed to the creative empowerment of the Children and Vulnerable Adults with which it engages and takes a pro-active rather than defensive approach to issues of protection by focusing on creating projects and environments that maximise the development of creativity, confidence, self-esteem, social and communication skills, and respectful, trusting relations with others.
Staff, Project Workers and Volunteers in the company accept and recognise their responsibilities to develop awareness of the issues related to the creative empowerment and protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults, and to establish and maintain a safe environment for them.
Echo Echo endeavours to promote the welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults throughout its programme of work by:
· Following procedures for recruitment, selection and vetting of Staff, Project Workers and Volunteers including checking identity, qualifications, references and employment history, including compliance with applicable laws regarding the vetting and barring of individuals who come in contact with Children and/or Vulnerable Adults (See Appendix A)
· Reporting Concerns about persons who may pose a risk of harm as required by law to the relevant statutory agencies
· Providing effective management for Staff, Project Workers and Volunteers through supervision, support and training
· Providing a Code of Behaviour for all Staff, Project Workers, Volunteers, Adult Participants, Children and Vulnerable Adults
· Sharing information about Child protection and good practice with Children, Vulnerable Adults, Parents/Guardians, Staff, Project Workers, Volunteers and Adult Participants
· Ensuring all company activities are well planned, well managed and safe
We are committed to reviewing our policy, procedures and practice at regular intervals, or in the event of a change in legislation. (See Appendix A for current legislation and guidelines)
For a copy of our Safeguarding Policy please contact the Company Manager.
Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company is a company limited by guarantee with no share capital, Registration Number NI 34042, and a Registered Charity Number XR23797.
The company's Registered Office is at 13 Bishop Street, Derry-Londonderry, BT48 6PL.
© All text, images and artwork are copyright of Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company, and/or the photographer where noted. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of these images or artwork is strictly forbidden.
If you wish to use an Echo Echo image please contact the Company Manager for further information.
:: 1 2 ::