Freedom Dance Gathering weekly from 12th May
For further information please visit:
New Echo Echo courses for all ages
For full details of all Echo Echo and guest artist courses click on the CURRENT PROGRAMME link above.
WITHOUT at Dublin Dance Festival 2014: 2nd-31st May at RUA RED
WITHOUT by Rosemary Lee and Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company
RUA RED Gallery 1
Opening Friday 2 May 2014
Until Saturday 31 May 2014
A seven-screen film projection with sound, capturing a panoramic view of the City of Derry & its inhabitants. This unique and hauntingly beautiful video installation, directed by acclaimed choreographer, artist and film-maker Rosemary Lee, is the culmination of her year-long collaboration with Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company in Derry.
Filmed in 2013 from the city walls, it features 400 local inhabitants - from tea-dancers to skateboarders and school children to cyclists - as they dance, move, glide and reclaim the city streets, regardless of real and imagined boundaries. Featuring a specially commissioned sound score by artist, theatre maker and composer Graeme Miller.
For full details including venue location details please visit the Festival website.
Click to visit DDF website
WITHOUT was produced as part of the City of Culture 2013 programme in Derry-Londonderry with support of Arts Council of Northern Ireland National Lottery Fund, Arts Council England, DCAL, Rosemary Lee Projects, Artsadmin, The Place Associate Artist Scheme, and Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company.
Selected Audience comments:
• "One of the great artworks I have seen in my life." Eddie Nixon, The Place
• "Blown away by Without... Beautiful, funny and moving." Matthew Taylor, The RSA
• "Rosemary Lee WITHOUT a great artwork" Sir Nicholas Kenyon, The Barbican
• "So peaceful, so powerful. A great way for people to connect with this place and with each other. Well done all." Martin Reilly, Mayor of Derry
• "So much hard work. So much community involvement. Well done! Thank you." Audience member
• "Beautiful and simple in the way that beauty is simple, but also intricate and layered and incredibly rich - and very moving. The best history, geography and art lesson you could have - all in one!" Audience Member
Reviews of WITHOUT:
• Feature in ANIMATED magazine by Donald Hutera (Dance writer for Sunday Times): http://www.communitydance.org.uk/DB/animated-library/a-gift-to-a-city.html?ed=32213
• Culture NI feature: http://www.culturenorthernireland.org/article/5997/echo-echo-dance-on-the-derry-londonderry-walls
WITHOUT short films:
• WITHOUT short clip by Living Witness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcZmeeOgGA
• ACNI Focus on WITHOUT: http://vimeo.com/74184095
WITHOUT credits and thanks
Click for word document
:: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ::